Are you able to lead technical delivery teams? Can you nurture colleagues to help them grow? Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Technical Lead, you will be leading a technical delivery feature team in all aspects of project delivery to support the continuing growth of the Bank, heading up a large on-site team of highly skilled developers. You will also lead a feature team to deliver projects from discovery to production implementation in an efficient and timely manner.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?...
• Organising and facilitating project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos
• Creating and driving a strategic direction for software quality assurance within the development team that includes best practices in quality assurance frameworks and sourcing
• Identifying and removing impediments or conflicts that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
• Coaching and mentoring agile team members on agile standards and standard methodologies
• Maintaining and reporting against relevant metrics (i.e. burn down and velocity, etc.)
• Using the insights from each sprint to strive towards increasing the velocity of your team
• Working closely with the Architects, Product Owners, Business Analysts and test team to define banklog and release schedule
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Significant Experience developing Enterprise level solutions.
• Extensive experience/ knowledge in Payments
• Proven skills in software development
• Advanced knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development working practices