At Metro, we do banking differently.
We believe that people come first, and that everyone deserves a great experience every step of the way – whether it’s face to face, through our telephony service, online, or on our app. We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
As the Stress Testing Modelling Manager, you will be heavily involved in the development of business critical statistical credit risk models (Basel, IRB, scorecards, capital, impairment, IFRS9 and AIRB models). You will also have a broad exposure to a diverse Credit Risk projects and gain experience and knowledge across a broad range of products, systems and regulations.
Most of our jobs offer the opportunity for hybrid / remote working. Ask your recruiter for more details.
So what would you be doing?...
• Steering and shaping the development of business critical statistical stress testing models
• Supporting the development of stress testing models, the implementation of model monitoring and calibration
• Working with various areas of the Bank to develop analytical and statistical solutions
• Building and developing great relationships with a number of key colleagues across the Bank
• Sitting on a variety of technical working groups, project boards and business engagement forums
• Championing the importance of credit risk stress testing to the wider Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience of working as a Stress testing Lead Modelling Analyst or a Manager
• You need to have previous stress testing experience, ideally within a Retail and/or wholesale banking
• In order to exceed in this role, you will be proficient in using SAS programming tool
• You will have experience developing PD and LGD models as per IFRS 9 and IRB regulations