As the Solutions Architect, you will be providing workable, efficient solution designs from inception to completion, or anywhere along that journey, including, but not limited to, low level documentation in accordance with Metro Bank standards and governance and driving Metro to use more advantageous technology platforms where possible. On a day to day basis you’ll be expected to work within various value streams and feature teams to provide exceptional solutions to business requirements.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?...
• Building and integrating information systems to meet the solution needs
• Providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions covering multiple aspects such as time, cost, and effort, whilst analysing the current technology stacks available and assessing any implementation gaps
• Providing comprehensive guidance of the design, development & modifications of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs
• Ensuring solution integrity and quality is maintained throughout the change lifecycle of infrastructure systems and services
• Assessing the systems and solution architecture currently in place and creating low level designs
• Documenting infrastructure design components, specification requirements and connectivity in detail, as per HL Design (SAD) decisions and business requirements, including low level infrastructure and network designs
• Assessing the implementation impact of the technical choices made by the Enterprise and Solutions Architects & providing supervision & guidance to the development teams
• Working with vendors’ technical resources early on to ensure their product will give the solution we require rather than us just having to “fit in a box”, whilst adhering to any governance and/or regulatory requirements
• Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank, and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have a good grasp of any technology (Front-end, Middleware or Back-end)
• Experience on working with databases is essential
• You will require expertise in any software architecture patterns and have detailed knowledge of any software design methodologies, principles and patterns
• You must have ensured adherence to current solutions design standards, and quality checking any new requirements
• You must have detailed knowledge of infrastructure and networking design
• You will have experience with technologies such as Java, Java Spring boot, Apache, SQL Server, Oracle, AWS, and Linux