Can you provide unparalleled application support to help colleagues resolve technical issues? Are you a champion of exceptional IT customer service? Do you constantly strive to uphold high quality standards and deliver the best possible solutions? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
The Application Support Operations Team run all the operational processes that are at the core of the Bank. They make sure that all colleagues are able to access and use our internal applications so that they can continue turning customers into fans. As an analyst within this team you will provide technical production support to our lovely colleagues to resolve any issues quickly and efficiently, as well as sharing knowledge with the wider team as we continue to grow.
Due to the support nature of the role, out of hours/on call support will be required one in eight to nine weeks on rota.
Most of our jobs offer the opportunity for hybrid / remote working. Ask your recruiter for more details.
So what would you be doing?...
• Providing excellent 2nd and 3rd line technical and application support to colleagues
• Responding to technical requests and enquiries within agreed timeframes
• Monitoring and troubleshooting key banking applications
• Providing post go-live configuration work and development to enhance Production environments
• Reviewing technical design documentation
• Sharing knowledge with colleagues and identifying solutions to technical issues that are under investigation
• Providing technical expertise during the deployment and upgrade of our software
• Reviewing design documentation
• Documenting procedures and making sure that are current processes are up to date and accurate
You need to be this kind of person…
•Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
•Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
•Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
•Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• It is key that you have lots of application deployment and technical support experience within a fast-paced and busy environment, preferably banking
• You will have technical knowledge and experience of: Java, Spring Ecosystem, Junit, Selenium, Git Bash, Azure DevOps, Postgres, Oracle, RESTful, JSON, Swagger, Docker, Kubernetes & JIRA
• Good technical knowledge of three-tiered application design, Web/App (IIS, jboss & tomcat etc)
• Good understanding of SQL and experience across various database implementations, including MSSQL
• You will have a good working knowledge of both Windows and Linux (Preferably Redhat) Operating Systems
• It would be fantastic if you have experience of various scripting technologies, e.g. PowerShell
• It’s really important that you have strong troubleshooting abilities and are confident interpreting, understanding and troubleshooting internally developed systems